As hard as this is to say, The Waking Hours is going into a hiatus. Honestly, it’s not fun anymore and all the hate and complaints has gotten to be too much. This group was one of the best things to ever happen to me, friendships and relationships coming from it that I hold dearly.
Is this the end for TWH? Who knows. We always have a habit of coming back from the dead. But for the time being, we’re taking a small step back from this old girl. I’m so sorry for any inconveniences and I hope you understand. The main page isn’t going to deactivate, it will still be up and I will check back from time to time. The OOC blog will shut down but please feel free to trade personals/keep in contact.
We’ve all been through enough together to know how much each and every single one of you has meant to me and how much I love you all dearly. Being your admin has been a wonderful experience and truly an honor. I feel like the luckiest octopus in the world to have been a part of this.
Continue to be the wonderful beautiful writers I know all of you are. From my eight legs to your hearts, I love you, I love you, I love you.
Due to the nature of this RP, our survivors have been living with hardly anything for seven years. Being so malnutritioned and under constant stress, it would not possible for a woman to carry a child full term.
Correct, characters are not allowed to have children.
Oh goodness! I hope we’re open for so long something like that happens. I guess you’ll just have to stay tuned!
Considering all the debates lately on the timeline and dates of events, here is the official and correct timeline of all events.
- January 4th, 2023- First strand of virus is found in Patient Zero
- January 10th, 2023- The first Outbreak hits Denver, Colorado
- January 16th, 2023- All major cities on the verge of being wiped out
- January 27th, 2023- Less than 10% of the population is left worldwide
- February 19th, 2023- The Founding Five meet for the first time
- February 2023 - March 2024- The Five travel around the US, searching for a new home
- April 12th 2024- The Five find their way back to Dallas, coming across an abandoned Outpost.
- April 28th, 2024- The Outpost ‘officially’ opens it’s doors, with government approval. It is dubbed Outpost 31.
- January 14th, 2025- The last time Outpost 31 has contact from the government. They assume it fell.
- Present Day: July 2030 -Outpost 31 has been opened for 6 years and 2 months.
It has been 7 years, and 7 months since the outbreak first hit.
We currently have a Crystal Reed FC in our Open Females. As for the question of a child, almost all children were killed during the Outbreak. They lucky ones who might have survived would have been a bit older, and therefore would not really be children now.
Come off of anon if you’d like to discuss some more, love.
There are a few things that have been brought to our attention this week - and we do plan to fix them. This post will be hitting on the certain issues that have occurred lately.
- Cliques: For one, it isn’t fair. Yes, we have members on different Time Zones. Yes, someone may not be friends with someone else. Yes, accidents will happen and you will find yourself just talking to a certain few. But it can be easily fixed and it should be! There is no reason for your role to JUST talk to two or three other roles - no reason at all. There are so many storylines and other opportunities to make your character grow by talking to others. Lately there have been many gif starters looked over, skipped, or unanswered, and this should not be happening. In an rpg this large, with such loving ooc members, there is no reason for gif starters to go unanswered, or reasons for people to always have to reply because no one replies to their gif starter. It makes people feel awkward and unwanted - and we will not stand for that. No one should feel that way; we understand sometimes the dash can become hectic and things are looked over by accident but if there continue to be unanswered gif starters we will not think twice before we warn everyone that is on. It makes you look like you do not care about the other members and we know that isn’t so because we know how close everyone is ooc and we do not want things to be misread by the naked eye or for people to feel that way.
- The lack of paras/writing on the dash: This is a multi-para rpg. Now we know that all of you are great writers, you were cast as your character for a reason. But lately the dash is filled with minimal writing and that is not okay. There is no reason why people aren’t paraing out things, no reasons for only gif conversations to be happening. Yes, gifs are necessary for quick development and conversations, but at least throw in some mini-paras. Get wordy. We like words. We wouldn’t be in an RP if we didn’t. Also people have stopped writing the weekly themes, ourselves included. We know we’ve gotten lazy and have to kick ourselves in the ass for it. But we don’t come up with themes to have them just sit there and have no one even attempt them. It will help build up your role, your writing, and bring new levels to your character. Also we did not take the time to come up and post all of them for people to just ignore them. Therefore; there should be more paras and writings/journal entries/drabbles/flashbacks/anything on the dash.
- Disrespect of the mods: This has been a recent problem but we won’t even let it blossom into something more. There are three mods to this group: Sophie, Kate and Vic. The three of us work hard to make the group what it is and keep it thriving, but with rude anons and slamming, it makes us not want to do anything for it.
- Activity/OOC: The ooc is a wonderful thing we’ve implemented, but there comes a point where there’s more ooc than actual RPing and we’ve reached that point. Guys, we say it all the time. We’re a family. We don’t want the ooc to stop, not at all, but be conscious of Roleplaying as well. There is no reason for someone to be on the ooc all day but not posting from their role. Further more, use the ooc to plot! I’ve said this time and time again. You do not need us to throw plot drops in to get your characters moving. You all are brilliant, beautiful writers who we trust can come up with amazing story lines for your character. Stuck? Ask around, go to peoples inboxes. We’re all close enough that this shouldn’t even be a problem.
- Drastically changing your role for whatever reason: We do not like when people just make their roles do random things to get attention from everyone. (i.e: ‘Oh I am drunk’, ‘Oh I am high’, ‘I am depressed for no real reason’, ‘I think I am going to kill myself, yay!’) It is fine to change things up or take your role to a new level. Just let us know. It bothers us when people post, drastically changing how their role has been acting. Be conscious of your bios! They’re written for a reason. Of course if your character is going through something and is the type to block it out with alcohol or meds it makes sense. Or if your character has had suicidal tendencies in the past. We’re all for character development, we’re begging for character development, but sometimes it isn’t building up a character - it is just an excuse to make a splash on the dash.
This is not aimed at anyone in particular, it’s just a general look at things that have been brought to our attention or we have noticed. We, ourselves, as mods, are guilty of more than a few of the above mentioned issues. We love all of you and are so happy we can call each and every one of you ours. But we will not sit by and let these things keep happening. This group was meant to thrive and we want it to do just that. Please don’t take any of this personally, and if you have any questions or comments feel free to ask.
Roll over the photo, love. All the info will appear right under.
In the year 2023, a virus akin to the flu, spread across the planet, causing mass panic. When the bug mutated, the course of humanity was changed forever. Those who had been infected rose from the dead to walk the Earth as mindless, primal creatures, driven onward only to feed their awful hunger. Entire populations were wiped out, and the world fell into chaos and ruin.
Three years after the initial outbreak, what was left of the United States military began forming specialized attack plans that proved to be effective. The numbers of the living dead began to, slowly but surely, shrink.
Now, in 2030, seven years after the outbreak, survivor colonies and settlements have been established worldwide, the most popular of which being Outpost 31, outside of Dallas, TX.
As the worlds governments come together to formulate a plan on eradicating the rest of the zombie population, especially from the larger cities, which are still highly infected, the residents of Outpost 31 have only one task ahead of them:
Do you have what it takes?
Oh! You didn’t need to be anon to ask this! :3 Yes, a few things are coming up for theme of the weeks, including the gender-bend! Keep an eye out, love!